Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monkey Business



Yesterday, finally I managed to finished my first ever custom oder from this lovely lady. She is really great to work with, very sweet and kind.

Anyway this is what she ordered, an owls applique on her 4 years and 6 months old daughters tank top and onesie with the matching owl hairclips.

It was a great experience for me, the process of making the shirts is very exciting, choosing the fabrics,colors combinations and designing. I've been sending her emails back and forth to ask her approval for every little details since I don't want to mess with my first order, I want it to be perfect.

Like most of the sellers on Etsy, I believe it is very important to make our customer happy and satisfied with our products. Since she is my recurring customer, it makes even more important that she trusted me to come back and purchase more from my shop.

Of course, the reason we all selling our products is to make profit, but to me is just isn't only about money. I am very happy the fact that I could use my creativity to make something for other people and makes them happy. It gave me satisfaction, eventhough the amount of work that I spent sometimes more than the money I asked for ( my hubby thinks I'm nuts :) Putting the prices on my products is a bit tricky, I mean how can I value my work? it could be different perception from my customers. Hmmm I guess, profit has to go parallel with customer satisfaction.

Well there are so many things that I still need to learn about being a "business" woman :)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little set! I wish I could see what it looks like on your customer's little girl! Awww I am sure she that will be her favorite outfit!

    I definantly know what you mean about having a hard time with pricing. That is what happens when you love what you are doing so much! I often price lower than I probably should too, but I love my job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tank tops are so sweet.

    It is the dilemma of all creative people. The time, the love, that is put into each thing you make.... so difficult to find a happy medium between this and what a customer will pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did beautiful work I am sure she is gonna love these I think they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete